There are a lot of things to consider when shopping for Christmas most of them are not suitable for your boss as gifts.
I know despite my warnings about how to save your money this season, some of you cannot stand the forlorn looks darting your way like fiery arrows across the office. You feel pressed by the cavalier display of qualified affection thrown around by your colleagues towards your bosses.
You should know some people like anything you give them just because you gave it to them. Other people never like anything you give them and there’s nothing you can do about it – most bosses fall into the latter category.
- So, what’s the most suitable gift to share with your bosses this Christmas? The honest answer is nothing; but, who wants honest answers when there’s enough to squander and go-a-borrowing in January?
- But buying a greeting card is as wasteful as it is common. Your boss doesn’t fancy having a reminder of your-inept-self hanging around her home, what are you thinking? That’s a no-no.
- So, you want to consider wine, gin or juice? There again is a wrong move! You risk communicating your intent of poisoning him without remorse. Moreover, he can come back to report food poisoning linked with your gift. Trust me; you don’t want your relationship to take this turn.
- Oh, the good old necktie, scarf and muffler? While at it you should consider shoelaces, polish brushes and umbrella’s cases. Of course, you know you wanna cheap-out guess you know your boss knows value too? Pray, what makes you think your boss will need a necktie, was there an occasion in the year that he requested to use yours?
- Let’s say you hit a big commission so you want to splurge your boss for the season. Grand pixel images of iPhone 6+, Zara brogue shoe, Prada bag, Rolex watch pan in and out of your mind, beware this will ultimately set you up for failure in the coming year. What do you think will be the impression of your colleagues who supported you to meet your target when you come to flaunt your gratitude and they can hardly afford token?
- Books are the most giftable items at any season because we have more idiots around us than mere instructions can cure. But something makes your boss a boss in the first place. Yes, he has read more books than you or so he made your organization to believe. Your book gift will be useless to him, except you know he is a grand idiot –kindly go ahead and help this nation, click here.
How about cash gifting? If I am in your organization and I happen to see you giving our departmental head a cash gift, I will blow the whistle on you! Transactional purpose of cash is to tendered in exchange for a service or goods. You don’t want us to start assuming things around here.
We have successfully eliminated unsuitable gifts for your boss and we are left with nothing! Are we?
You may consider vanity cufflinks, evangelical mugs that screams “Hell is real”, sewing thread, sleeping pills, dunlop slippers, mopping sticks, chopping sticks, toothpicks, NTA subscription bouquet just about anything that reflects how he made you feel the year gone-by.
This is a reminder to live simple and conduct our affairs in stoic contemplation.